What Color is Your Parachute? 2017: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers: Richard N. Bolles, Mel Foster: 0191091262870: Amazon.com: Books
Dick Bolles: "How to Decide what you'll be doing Five Years from Now" | Talks at Google - YouTube
Approach to question "What you will be doing 5 years from now?"
- Luck: "ignore the question", ride the wave
- depends on connections, meetings, LinkedIn
- Automated Reference Check | Talent & Hiring Tools | Checkster
- Intuition: "I will know when I see it"
- to be alert, depends on what you notice, what is different than baseline
- focus on what you like to work with most: data, people, things
- Design (forethought, "planning" does not quite work: can not plan, can design)
- what are kinds of things that may be needed
- start with inventory of yourself
- unlearn image of yourself; rethink who you are
- gather what you may need
- write 7 stories about yourself, to identify favorite skills
"In 2009, the most recent year for which I have these figures, out of the 1000 business books that were published that year, only 62 sold more than 5,000 copies. According to BookScan, this is typical. The average non-fiction book now sells less than 5,000 print copies in its entire lifetime. By contrast, “What Color Is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers” has sold over 10,000,000 print copies."
Effective Job Search: Interview with What Color Is Your Parachute? author Richard N. Bolles - YouTube
Flower Exercise - Anatomy of a Job - YouTube
Jobs | Dick Bolles.com
What Color Is Your Parachute? 2018 By Richard Bolles — Bassocantor Reviews
Richard Bolles Dies at 90; Wrote ‘What Color Is Your Parachute?’ - The New York Times