SO GOOD THEY CAN'T IGNORE YOU by Cal Newport | ANIMATED CORE MESSAGE - YouTube (Productivity Game)
Why people love their work?
need "rare and valuable work traits" (skill sets)
scrap "passion mindset"
- "what can the world offer me?"
- problematic, hard
and adopt "craftsman mindset"
- "what can I offer to the world"
- constantly improving, to become uniquely valuable to the team, company and customers
- love the process of getting better
- taking on challenging niche projects
- use "deliberate practice" into daily routine to improve skills (book "Peak")
- periods of undistracted focus
- switch between "comfort" and "discomfort"
- feedback + expert guidance
or as Dainel Pink says in book: